Trumpcare is poised to replace Obamacare with Republicans reportedly only a vote or two away. If successful, this would be a quantum shift away from the largest tax penalty in U.S. history and federal control over an additional 1/6 of the entire U.S. and a move toward states’ rights over health care. Providing insight for us on this heated battle is political analyst Josh Bernstein.
Suggested Interview Questions on this topic:
- Senate Republicans pushing to replace Obamacare with state block grants. How would that change healthcare for most Americans?
- Lindsey Graham is co-author of the bill. How could anything written by moderate Senator Graham ever satisfy conservative Republicans?
- Co-author Louisiana Republican Bill Cassidy says his informal whip count is 48 to 49 votes. That puts the effort to repeal and replace Obamacare within just a vote or two of throwing a tie to Vice President Mike Pence. How accurate do you feel those numbers are?
- What kind of trouble is conservative Senator Rand Paul able to drum up for this proposed sea change in healthcare reform?
- Same question regarding moderate Senator John McCain?
- AARP has just gone on record opposing this bill, favoring instead, Obamacare. You represent AMAC, the second largest Senior’s Group. Where do your members stand with regard to this vote?
- Where may those in our audience receive more information on your work at AMAC?
WASHINGTON TIMES REFERENCE ARTICLE: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/17/obamacare-replacement-with-state-block-grants-rall/
CONTACT: To schedule an interview, contact: Jerry McGlothlin of Special Guests at: 919-437-0001.