Muslims in the West Bank and Gaza rioted in response to President Trump’s announcement that he plans on moving the U.S. Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem. Offering perspective on these building tensions is the former mayor of Shiloh, Israel, David Rubin, who lives in the settlements, only 2 minutes from The West Bank.
1. Just before President Trump announced he was going to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, Palestinian leader Abbas said the move to Jerusalem would have “dangerous consequences” and some Palestinians wasted no time and have already rioted and clashed with Israeli police. Do you think that is the end of the protesting or might we see more?
Answer: If history is to be used to gauge likely future behavior, it appears virtually any excuse can be used to trigger more unwarranted Islamist terrorist attacks against Jews for daring to continue to acknowledge that Jerusalem is still their capital, just as it has been for the past 3000 years.
2. Pope Francis was asked by President Abbas to intervene. Since the Pope is neither Jewish nor Muslim, why is he involved at all, and do you think he has any sway in this matter?
Answer: As the earthly leader of one of the world’s largest religions, The Pope is entitled to his opinion and Israel is entitled to capital.
3. Jordan King Abdullah pledged he would now thwart American efforts to renew the peace process and encourage resistance from both Christians and Muslims. Shortly afterward Palestinians called for a 3rd Intifada. So, why would the Jordanian King add fuel to the fire?
Answer: King Abdullah is in a tough position. By himself, he probably has very little problem with the move if it is wanted by U.S. and Israel but when peer pressure mounts from the other Muslim nations, he is at risk of looking weak in the eyes of other Muslims.
4. Apart from world leaders’ opinions, what are your thoughts—is Trump’s formal recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel a good or bad decision and why?Answer: It’s a very good move and should be done regardless of if Muslims go crazy as they always do whenever Jews dare exert their right to live.
5. You have been a victim of a terror attack that left your own son in critical condition. Tell us about that.
Answer: (after a brief recounting of the event) We must never capitulate to terrorists or you’re emboldening them and reward their evil acts of terror. The time has come for everyone to stop pandering to Jihadist savages that threaten to behead anyone who disagrees with them.
6. Where may our viewers get information Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund and your latest book?
ABOUT DAVID RUBIN:
David Rubin is former mayor of Shiloh, Israel. He is founder and president of Shiloh Israel Children’s Fund, and the author of five books, including The Islamic Tsunami and Peace For Peace.
CONTACT: Jerry McGlothlin 919-437-0001 email@example.com